Linux: 2.6.5-1-686-smp (debian stable)
Samba: Version 3.0.2a-Debian
Cups: Version: 1.1.20final-12.backports.org.1
Network: one ip-address, one-interface

We manage multiple printers from cups, which are then exported to a
printcap file, then loaded into samba. All the printers work great
from samba, Point-n-Print is operational However, we would love
the ability to restrict access to the printers based on their network
location. Thinking that this would be an easy task, we redeclared
each printer in the smb.conf in this format:

[xxPrinter]
path = /var/spool/samba
printable = yes
hosts allow = X.X.X.X

Even though there is some redundancy with this approach, it was going
to, in theory, allow us to give fine grained access to printers.
However, this is not working, as we are still allowed to print to
these printers no matter what combination of
interfaces/hosts(allow/deny)/guest <--> global/printers/[printer]
shares <--> ip/network/mask/ALL/ALL:ALL. It just plain doesn't work.

I'd like to reference this article:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...3DN%26tab%3Dwg

That's the ugliest link I've ever seen... Crappy. If that doesn't
work you can always search google groups for "samba will not refuse
any connections" (1st result)

That should about do it... Arg :P TY in advance.