what is causing this samba compile error? - SMB

This is a discussion on what is causing this samba compile error? - SMB ; Hi All, Anyone know how to correct this compiler error? (I know it is not the src rpm as I successfully rebuilt it on another Red Hat 8 computer.) Many thanks, --Tony cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche) ...

  1. what is causing this samba compile error?

    Hi All,

    Anyone know how to correct this compiler error?
    (I know it is not the src rpm as I successfully rebuilt
    it on another Red Hat 8 computer.)

    Many thanks,
    --Tony

    cat /etc/redhat-release
    Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche)

    rpm -qa "*pam*"
    pam_smb-1.1.6-9.8
    pam_krb5-1.56-1
    pam-0.75-46.8.0

    rpmbuild --rebuild samba-3.0.4-1.src.rpm

  2. Re: what is causing this samba compile error?

    Someone claiming to be Anthony Ewell wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Anyone know how to correct this compiler error?
    > (I know it is not the src rpm as I successfully rebuilt
    > it on another Red Hat 8 computer.)
    >
    > Many thanks,
    > --Tony
    >

    > cat /etc/redhat-release
    > Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche)
    >
    > rpm -qa "*pam*"
    > pam_smb-1.1.6-9.8
    > pam_krb5-1.56-1
    > pam-0.75-46.8.0

    Try installing the pam-devel rpm.

    > rpmbuild --rebuild samba-3.0.4-1.src.rpm
    > .
    > .
    > .
    > checking whether to use automount... no
    > checking whether to use smbmount... yes
    > checking whether to use PAM... yes
    > configure: error: --with-pam specified but no PAM headers found
    > error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.91413 (%build)
    >

    > RPM build errors:
    > Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.91413 (%build)

    HTH,
    Tim

    --
    Fedora Core 1, Kernel 2.4.22-1.2188.nptl, KDE 3.2.2, Xfree86 4.3.0
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts

  3. Re: what is causing this samba compile error?

    Tim Wunder wrote:

    > Someone claiming to be Anthony Ewell wrote:
    >

    >>Hi All,
    >>
    >> Anyone know how to correct this compiler error?
    >>(I know it is not the src rpm as I successfully rebuilt
    >>it on another Red Hat 8 computer.)
    >>
    >>Many thanks,
    >>--Tony
    >>

    >>cat /etc/redhat-release
    >> Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche)
    >>
    >>rpm -qa "*pam*"
    >> pam_smb-1.1.6-9.8
    >> pam_krb5-1.56-1
    >> pam-0.75-46.8.0
    >>

    > Try installing the pam-devel rpm.

    That was it. that was the only difference between the
    two computers. Thank you! :-)

    --
    I Fish. Therefore, I am.

+ Reply to Thread