security=server and security=share on the same samba server? - SMB

This is a discussion on security=server and security=share on the same samba server? - SMB ; I would like to configure a samba server with the two security modes (share and server) at the same time. Is it possible? If yes, how to do this? Thanks for your help. Regards Didier...

  1. security=server and security=share on the same samba server?

    I would like to configure a samba server with the two security modes (share
    and server) at the same time. Is it possible?
    If yes, how to do this?
    Thanks for your help.

    Regards

    Didier

  2. Re: security=server and security=share on the same samba server?

    Didier PARIS wrote:

    > I would like to configure a samba server with the two security modes
    > (share and server) at the same time. Is it possible?
    > If yes, how to do this?

    Yes. Setup two virtual servers. See Samba documentation for details. Try
    the O'Rielly book.

    Since Samba supports include files, the manitenance shouldn't be too
    onerous.

    Eric.

  3. Re: security=server and security=share on the same samba server?

    Didier PARIS wrote:

    > I would like to configure a samba server with the two security modes
    > (share and server) at the same time. Is it possible?
    > If yes, how to do this?

    Share the same disk twice.

    Eric.

+ Reply to Thread