Share Permissions Not Taking - SMB

This is a discussion on Share Permissions Not Taking - SMB ; Good Afternoon, I've got v3.0.3 running on Solaris 8 Sparc (E450/4xUltra2 400) Below is my smb.conf The problem is that neither I nor any other users can change permissions on anything in the share. I believe it is inheriting ACLs ...

  1. Share Permissions Not Taking

    Good Afternoon,

    I've got v3.0.3 running on Solaris 8 Sparc (E450/4xUltra2 400)

    Below is my smb.conf

    The problem is that neither I nor any other users can change permissions on
    anything in the share. I believe it is inheriting ACLs from the root of the
    share and I can't seen to figure out how to stop this. If I uncheck
    "Inherit Permissions" and click "apply"... Well, it just gets rechecked
    again. Lovely. This is true for just about any parameter I muck with. I'm
    sure it's something in the share values, but I dunno what.

    Any advice would be appreciated. I've been trying to get this working for a
    few days now and it's more than a little annoying to get this close.... I'm
    not against reading either, if you've got some resources.

    Thanks

    Billy

    # Global parameters
    [global]
    workgroup = NONEOFYERBEEZWAX
    security = DOMAIN
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd
    passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
    *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*success fully*
    unix password sync = Yes
    client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
    client lanman auth = No
    client plaintext auth = No
    log level = 3
    log file = /var/log/samba.log
    max log size = 500
    preferred master = No
    local master = No
    domain master = No
    dns proxy = No
    wins server = 10.1.3.155
    ldap ssl = no
    idmap uid = 10000-20000
    idmap gid = 10000-20000
    winbind separator = +
    winbind cache time = 10
    winbind use default domain = Yes
    use sendfile = Yes

    [Sunbox]
    comment = The Big Purple Table
    path = /d0
    read only = No
    bash-2.03#

  2. Re: Share Permissions Not Taking

    Nevermind.... I figured it out....

    Only UNIX permissions apply.....

    "Billy Parkinson" wrote in message
    > Good Afternoon,
    >
    > I've got v3.0.3 running on Solaris 8 Sparc (E450/4xUltra2 400)
    >
    > Below is my smb.conf
    >
    > The problem is that neither I nor any other users can change permissions

    on
    > anything in the share. I believe it is inheriting ACLs from the root of

    the
    > share and I can't seen to figure out how to stop this. If I uncheck
    > "Inherit Permissions" and click "apply"... Well, it just gets rechecked
    > again. Lovely. This is true for just about any parameter I muck with.

    I'm
    > sure it's something in the share values, but I dunno what.
    >
    > Any advice would be appreciated. I've been trying to get this working for

    > few days now and it's more than a little annoying to get this close....

    I'm
    > not against reading either, if you've got some resources.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Billy
    >

    > # Global parameters
    > [global]
    > workgroup = NONEOFYERBEEZWAX
    > security = DOMAIN
    > passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd
    > passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
    > *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*success fully*
    > unix password sync = Yes
    > client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
    > client lanman auth = No
    > client plaintext auth = No