Hi,

I'm going to try to get some help here.

I'm trying to take a Sun Enterprise 450 w/Solaris 8 that has been a doorstop
for 2 years and use it as an interim fileserver on a Win2k network while we
wait for an XServe. We do use ADS, but my manager says we can still use NT4
authentication as well....

What I want to do is make a RAID volume available on the network using the
Win2k logons and the corresponding permissions. I'd also like to be able to
change permissions of folders on the share.

Now, I've tried setting this up with some mixed results. I'm having a hard
time figuring out what is and isn't necessary for this to happen. I am
going to post the contents of my smb.conf below. I have tried compiling
using "./configure --with-winbind --with-ADS --with-pam" and others... I can
get the machine to join the domain, show the share, but no one can actually
access it.

Any tips about where I might find some help would be appreciated. I really
would like to know what dependencies there are that I may be missing, etc.
SWAT is useless... This is supposed to be Samba 3.0.2a but somehow, it
ended up 2.0.7.... I have no idea how it happened... I'll work on that...

Thanks in advance.
Billy

----

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 10.1.2.57 (10.1.2.57)
# Date: 2004/04/28 12:14:18

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = XXXXXXX
netbios name = SUNBOX
server string = Samba %v
security = DOMAIN
encrypt passwords = Yes
password server = *
announce version = 19.4.555.7565
preferred master = No
local master = No
domain master = No
dns proxy = No
wins server = 10.1.3.145
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind use default domain = Yes
hosts allow = localhost, sunbox, 10.1.3., 10.1.2.
hosts deny = All

[root]
comment = Solaris root
path = /