Hi there,
i couldn´t find any hints concerning this, so i´d like to pick your brains!
I set up a samba PDC which should be used by a bunch of win98SE clients.
Doesn´t really work too good: Logging on and off on one machine works well,
but after logging off from one and logging on to another client i get some
strange errors about deinstalled software (which, of course, were never
installed on the particular machine). Additionally, the desktop has some
icons which shouldn´t really show up on that machine. Seems as if the
client saved too much of the profile somehow. I tried some different
settings of win98 profile manangement, no improvement.
Does anyone have a clue? smb.conf is attached below, even though i guess
it´s a wincrap problem...
thx,

tim

smb.conf:

[global]
netbios name = SERVER
workgroup = HAUBER
hosts allow = 192.168.115.
smb passwd file = /var/lib/samba/passdb.tdb
passdb backend = tdbsam
encrypt passwords = true
os level = 65
preferred master = yes
domain master = yes
local master = yes
security = user
domain logons = yes
logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%u
logon home = \\%L\%U\.winprofile
logon script = logon.bat
preserve case = yes
short preserve case = yes
case sensitive = no
dns proxy = no
name resolve order = bcast host lmhosts

[homes]
guest ok = no
writeable = yes
write list = %u
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700
browseable = no
hide files = Desktop/Mail/.*

[netlogon]
path = /home/netlogon
read only = yes
browseable = no

[profiles]
path = /home/%u/.winprofile
writeable = yes
browseable = no
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700

[Supermarkt]
comment = Schreibgeschützt!
path = /usr/share/samba/supermarkt
browseable = yes

[Flohmarkt]
comment = Hier kann nach Herzenslust gespeichert werden.
path = /usr/share/samba/flohmarkt
browseable = yes
writeable = yes
create mask = 0754
directory mask = 0754

[Windows98-CD]
comment = Installationsdateien für Windows 98 SE
path = /usr/share/samba/win98cd
browseable = yes