Getting smbclient for HPUX - SMB

This is a discussion on Getting smbclient for HPUX - SMB ; Hi, I'm a college student and have a computer running windows in the dorm but use some HPUX boxes on campus. Sometimes I need a way to get some files off my dorm machine while on campus. I use an ...

  1. Getting smbclient for HPUX

    Hi, I'm a college student and have a computer running windows in the dorm but use some HPUX boxes on campus.
    Sometimes I need a way to get some files off my dorm machine while on campus. I use an FTP server sometimes but other times I forget and just need access the the shared folder.
    A year or two ago I knew a guy who had smbclient in his user directory and it ran on some Solaris machines the campus had and so I would telnet to those, get the files and then ftp between the Unix boxes.
    Now I seem to have gotten rid of that and the guy has graduated and I think the Solaris boxes have been retired and so I would really like to get smbclient for HPUX 10.20 but it looks like I have to install something and I don't have those permissions.
    I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this problem.
    Thanks!

  2. Re: Getting smbclient for HPUX

    > Hi, I'm a college student and have a computer running windows in the dorm but use some HPUX boxes on campus.
    > Sometimes I need a way to get some files off my dorm machine while on campus. I use an FTP server sometimes but other times I forget and just need access the the shared folder.
    > A year or two ago I knew a guy who had smbclient in his user directory and it ran on some Solaris machines the campus had and so I would telnet to those, get the files and then ftp between the Unix boxes.
    > Now I seem to have gotten rid of that and the guy has graduated and I think the Solaris boxes have been retired and so I would really like to get smbclient for HPUX 10.20 but it looks like I have to install something and I don't have those permissions.
    > I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this problem.
    > Thanks!

    Have a 10.20 "smbclient" binary; built from the 2.2.8a distribution.
    It looks for a config file at /usr/local/etc/smb.conf, but I don't
    think lack of same will stop it from working.

    You are welcome to a copy for your HP box..

    DaveN.

+ Reply to Thread