I'm trying to build samba 3.0.2a on AIX5.1 (installed with the tcb), using gcc
(since I don't have the native cc).

../configure is giving "ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be
unsafe".

Earlier, I noticed a number of messages of form "*.h present but cannot be
compiled" (around 50 times). This may be irrelevant, but doesn't look too good.
(A clash between the gcc headers and the native AIX cc headers?)

I've uploaded the config.log to http://www.geocities.com/p_leriche/config.txt so
you can look at it.

The archives contain a number of references to this "No locking" message over
various versions of Samba, but no solutions that I can see. Ideas?

- Philip