Adding Active Directory Support - SMB

This is a discussion on Adding Active Directory Support - SMB ; Howdy, I;ve compiled and configured Samba 3.0.2a and now I'm trying to make it join a Win2K domain with AD. I've found that I may be missing a crucial component... ldap and kerberos. now, do i need to recompile? ./configure ...

  1. Adding Active Directory Support

    Howdy,

    I;ve compiled and configured Samba 3.0.2a and now I'm trying to make it join
    a Win2K domain with AD. I've found that I may be missing a crucial
    component... ldap and kerberos. now, do i need to recompile?
    ./configure --with-ads=yes?

    or can i fix what i've got?

    thanks
    billy

  2. Re: Adding Active Directory Support

    I have also had problems compiling Samba on Solaris. John T pointed
    me to the following URL that may help you. I haven't tried it yet but
    let me know how it works for you.

    http://samba.org/~jht/Notes/Samba-Install-Solaris9.txt

    Steve

+ Reply to Thread