Samba 3.0.3rc1 available for download - SMB

This is a discussion on Samba 3.0.3rc1 available for download - SMB ; This is the first release candidate of the Samba 3.0.3 code base and is provided for testing only. A release candidate (RC) means that we are close to the final, stable release and in provided for Quality Assurance (QA) purposes. ...

  1. Samba 3.0.3rc1 available for download

    This is the first release candidate of the Samba 3.0.3 code
    base and is provided for testing only. A release candidate
    (RC) means that we are close to the final, stable release and
    in provided for Quality Assurance (QA) purposes. This release
    is *not* intended for production servers. Use at your own risk.

    There have been several bug fixes since the 3.0.2a release that
    we feel are important to make available to the Samba community
    for wider testings. See the "Changes" section for details on
    exact updates.

    Common bugs fixed in this RC include:

    o Delays in winbindd startup caused by unnecessary
    connections to trusted domain controllers.
    o Various small memory leaks.
    o Winbindd failing due to expired Kerberos tickets.

    New features introduced in this preview release include:

    o Support for local nested groups via winbindd.
    o Specifying options to be passed directly to
    the CUPS libraries.

    The source code can be downloaded from:

    http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/rc/

    The uncompressed tarball and patch file have been signed
    using GnuPG. The Samba public key is available at

    http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/samba-pubkey.asc

    Links to binary packages can be found on the

    http://www.samba.org/samba/samba.html

    The release notes are also available in the same
    directory.

    As always, all bugs are our responsibility.

    --Enjoy
    The Samba Team

  2. Re: [Samba] Samba 3.0.3rc1 available for download

    For some reason mozilla, decided to stop signing mail.
    Nevertheless, the release is legit. signatures for
    the tarball and RPMS are done using the Samba release
    key as usual.

    cheers, jerry

    | This is the first release candidate of the Samba 3.0.3 code
    | base and is provided for testing only. A release candidate
    | (RC) means that we are close to the final, stable release and
    | in provided for Quality Assurance (QA) purposes. This release
    | is *not* intended for production servers. Use at your own risk.
    |
    | There have been several bug fixes since the 3.0.2a release that
    | we feel are important to make available to the Samba community
    | for wider testings. See the "Changes" section for details on
    | exact updates.
    |
    | Common bugs fixed in this RC include:
    |
    | o Delays in winbindd startup caused by unnecessary
    | connections to trusted domain controllers.
    | o Various small memory leaks.
    | o Winbindd failing due to expired Kerberos tickets.
    |
    | New features introduced in this preview release include:
    |
    | o Support for local nested groups via winbindd.
    | o Specifying options to be passed directly to
    | the CUPS libraries.
    |
    | The source code can be downloaded from:
    |
    | http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/rc/
    |
    | The uncompressed tarball and patch file have been signed
    | using GnuPG. The Samba public key is available at
    |
    | http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/samba-pubkey.asc
    |
    | Links to binary packages can be found on the
    |
    | http://www.samba.org/samba/samba.html
    |
    | The release notes are also available in the same
    | directory.
    |
    | As always, all bugs are our responsibility.
    |
    | --Enjoy
    | The Samba Team

    - --
    Hewlett-Packard ------------------------- http://www.hp.com