I am about to install samba on a SCO Openserver 5.0.7 machine.

As far as I can see, there are no binary packages available to download for
Openserver, so I downloaded the file samba-3.0.2a.tar.gz.

Once I got this file, I extracted it onto our main Openserver machine
(5.0.5) which has the development kit on it, went into the source directory
and did the following

../configure (which completed OK)
then...
make

Please see the following cut and paste for the results:

# make
Using FLAGS
= -O -I./popt -Iinclude -I/tmp/samba-3.0.2a/source/include -I/tmp/s
amba-3.0.2a/source/ubiqx -I/tmp/samba-3.0.2a/source/smbwrapper -I. -I/tmp/
samb
a-3.0.2a/source
LIBS = -lsec -lgen -lsocket -lnsl_s
LDSHFLAGS = -shared
LDFLAGS =
$? (bu35)
Linking bin/smbd
undefined first referenced
symbol in file
__unsafe_string_function_usage_here__ modules/vfs_recycle.o
build_options smbd/server.o
i386ld fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to bin/smbd
*** Error code 13 (bu21)
#

Anyone have any ideas? Or maybe someone knows where to download a Openserver
5.0.7 package?

Many thanks

Robbie Niblock