I've configured a Linux box with Samba serving Win boxes of various
flavors. I had printing working w/ plain-vanilla 'lpr' commands from my
Win boxes to the Linux box. Unfortunately, my notes for making it work
weren't very detailed, and I recently had to install/upgrade from
scratch to Samba 2.2.8a and CUPS. Now I'm getting permissions errors
('denied' or 'insufficient') and I'm a bit stymied. 'Root' is an
invalid user, for security reasons, but that never stopped printing from
working in the past.

What am I missing? The only change I've seen is 'lp' being added as a
group. Do all my Samba users need to be members of this group?

Thanks for any info,
Geoff.