Session setup - SMB

This is a discussion on Session setup - SMB ; Since upgrading to Windows XP I have noticed an increase in session setups. It seems like every time a file is accessed on a network share, it results in a session setup, then closes the session. The TCP connection is ...

  1. Session setup

    Since upgrading to Windows XP I have noticed an increase in session
    setups. It seems like every time a file is accessed on a network
    share, it results in a session setup, then closes the session. The
    TCP connection is left intact. Any one else seen this?

  2. Re: Session setup

    paul wrote:
    > Since upgrading to Windows XP I have noticed an increase in session
    > setups. It seems like every time a file is accessed on a network
    > share, it results in a session setup, then closes the session. The
    > TCP connection is left intact. Any one else seen this?

    Logs please...

    --
    Regards,
    Mark