I've been beating my head over this one for a week, and still can't
figure it out. Can anyone help? I'm kind of new to all this.

I have an HP laserjet connected to a Sunblade 150 (Solaris 2.9),
running cups and samba. Now, I can get the thing working locally (so I
can print from the Solaris box), but I can't seem to get my XP machine
to print to it.

I have samba working in that I can see files shared, but I cannot get
it to access the printer for anything! I've been pulling my hair out
over it!

Here's my smb.conf, if that helps:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from localhost (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2004/04/02 14:42:43

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = WORKIE
server string = workie
security = SHARE
encrypt passwords = Yes
password level = 20
log level = 3
log file = /tmp/smb.log
printcap name = /etc/printcap
load printers = yes

[homes]
read only = No

[printers]
browseable = no
printable = yes
public = yes
writable = no
create mode = 0700
use client driver = yes
path = /tmp
guest ok = yes
guest account = foo

Let's see, foo is a real account, and the printer is seen from the XP
machine. I just tell it to print and nothing ever happens anywhere.
It's like it just vanishes. It's set up as a "raw" printer under cups,
and again, I can print locally just fine.

If anyone could help in any way (tests to try, whatever), I'd be
really happy. This is so frustrating...

Thanks,
Scott