Samba and Win2000 Client - SMB

This is a discussion on Samba and Win2000 Client - SMB ; Hi, I have recently upgraded an end user from Win98 to Win2000 Pro and since then he cannot map network drives on the Samba server. Is there some setting I need to change in smb.conf? TIA, Mark...

  1. Samba and Win2000 Client

    Hi,
    I have recently upgraded an end user from Win98 to Win2000 Pro and since
    then he cannot map network drives on the Samba server.
    Is there some setting I need to change in smb.conf?

    TIA,
    Mark

  2. Re: Samba and Win2000 Client

    Nobody U. Noe wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have recently upgraded an end user from Win98 to Win2000 Pro and since
    > then he cannot map network drives on the Samba server.
    > Is there some setting I need to change in smb.conf?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Mark

    Detail, Details, Details.......

    Read this first.

    Regards,
    Mark
    Samba Setup Guide: www.samba.netfirms.com
    Courier-imap Tutorial: www.samba.netfirms.com/courier/courier.html

  3. Re: Samba and Win2000 Client

    It shouldn't be a samba issue. The mapping of the drive could be the
    user's issue. He can't map the drive at all or the map drive seems to
    disappear? If it disappears then you may want to check on if the
    "Reconnect at logon" check box is enabled.

    Nobody U. Noe wrote:

    >Hi,
    > I have recently upgraded an end user from Win98 to Win2000 Pro and since
    >then he cannot map network drives on the Samba server.
    >Is there some setting I need to change in smb.conf?
    >
    >TIA,
    >Mark

+ Reply to Thread