Windows - Delayed Write Failed - Samba 2.2.7 - SMB

This is a discussion on Windows - Delayed Write Failed - Samba 2.2.7 - SMB ; Hi All, I just a response from a user the following error message Windows - Delayed Write Failed windows was unable to save all the data for the file \Device\LanmanRedirector\somedir\someotherdir\some file.msf The data has been lost. This error may be ...

  1. Windows - Delayed Write Failed - Samba 2.2.7

    Hi All,
    I just a response from a user the following error message
    Windows - Delayed Write Failed
    windows was unable to save all the data for the file
    \Device\LanmanRedirector\somedir\someotherdir\some file.msf
    The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your
    computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save elsewhere.

    Now the SAMBA server has been running great for close to 2 years now
    with minor glitches, I have looked around the net for information
    regarding this error message, to little avail.
    The file in question here is a Mozilla mail file store on a network
    share through SAMBA .
    Has anyone had any of these types of errors, if so how did they get
    resolved.

    Thanks for any assistance.

    Jack

  2. Re: Windows - Delayed Write Failed - Samba 2.2.7

    herders@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > I just a response from a user the following error message
    > Windows - Delayed Write Failed
    > windows was unable to save all the data for the file
    > \Device\LanmanRedirector\somedir\someotherdir\some file.msf
    > The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your
    > computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save elsewhere.
    >
    > Now the SAMBA server has been running great for close to 2 years now
    > with minor glitches, I have looked around the net for information
    > regarding this error message, to little avail.
    > The file in question here is a Mozilla mail file store on a network
    > share through SAMBA .
    > Has anyone had any of these types of errors, if so how did they get
    > resolved.
    >
    > Thanks for any assistance.
    >
    > Jack

    This is possible sign of hard drive failure on either pc. Take a look at
    the event logs (Lost Delay Write messages)on the XP pc. On the Linux pc
    , check the samba and system logs.

    --
    Regards,
    Mark