3.0.2 Upgrade - SMB

This is a discussion on 3.0.2 Upgrade - SMB ; I was wondering if anyone had any insight into my question? We currently run 3.0.0 on RH9 with 2 ADS controllers.... It works great!!! I installed 3.0.0 using the RPM package, I now have the 3.0.2 RPM and i would ...

  1. 3.0.2 Upgrade

    I was wondering if anyone had any insight into my question?

    We currently run 3.0.0 on RH9 with 2 ADS controllers.... It works
    great!!!

    I installed 3.0.0 using the RPM package, I now have the 3.0.2 RPM and
    i would like to upgrade. I think I could just use the rpm command to
    upgrade the package, but is there anything I should know about before
    hand? will all configurations stay the same? God I hope so!

    Let me know if you have done a SAMBA 3 upgrade...

    Thanks for the assistance... Rock on....

  2. Re: 3.0.2 Upgrade

    Brian wrote:
    > I was wondering if anyone had any insight into my question?
    >
    > We currently run 3.0.0 on RH9 with 2 ADS controllers.... It works
    > great!!!
    >
    > I installed 3.0.0 using the RPM package, I now have the 3.0.2 RPM and
    > i would like to upgrade. I think I could just use the rpm command to
    > upgrade the package, but is there anything I should know about before
    > hand? will all configurations stay the same? God I hope so!
    >
    > Let me know if you have done a SAMBA 3 upgrade...
    >
    > Thanks for the assistance... Rock on....

    Backup your current Samba folder and upgrade. It should be fine, I have
    done many upgrades without issues.

    --
    Regards,
    Mark