Error with Samba (MAKE) - SMB

This is a discussion on Error with Samba (MAKE) - SMB ; I have a minimal FreeBSD system (5.0) I have compiled and installed Apache just fine. I downloaded the latest Samba but I can't "make" it. I did a ./configure --with-quotas and that worked but when I try make, I get ...

  1. Error with Samba (MAKE)

    I have a minimal FreeBSD system (5.0)

    I have compiled and installed Apache just fine.

    I downloaded the latest Samba but I can't "make" it.

    I did a ./configure --with-quotas and that worked but when I try make, I
    get this error:

    nsswitch/winbind_nss_freebsd.c:79: `unreg' undeclared (first use in this
    function)
    *** Error code 1

    Stop in /home/install/samba-3.0.1/source.

    I haven't even tried to debug the source code because that is beyond the
    level I want to get involved with Samba. I *have* gotten an older version
    of Samba to work in the past (the version before ADS was added) and that was
    nice.

    Any clues?

    Thanks

    cbm AT signaldev DOT com

  2. Re: Error with Samba (MAKE)

    cbm wrote:
    > I have a minimal FreeBSD system (5.0)
    > <---SNIP--->
    > Any clues?

    My first thought would be to upgrade to 5.2. 5.0 is rather old now and
    a *LOT* of changes have happened since it was released.

    The second would be to use the port that's already there - see
    /usr/ports/net/samba-devel.

    --
    Rob MacGregor (BOFH) Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!
    The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming dragon.

  3. Re: Error with Samba (MAKE)

    cbm wrote:

    > I have a minimal FreeBSD system (5.0)
    >
    > I have compiled and installed Apache just fine.
    >
    > I downloaded the latest Samba but I can't "make" it.
    >
    > I did a ./configure --with-quotas and that worked but when I try make, I
    > get this error:
    >
    > nsswitch/winbind_nss_freebsd.c:79: `unreg' undeclared (first use in this
    > function)
    > *** Error code 1

    If you don't need winbind, try to ./configure --without-winbind.
    to remove offending incompatible products. Reactivate your MS software
    (3 days grace period). [LinuxCounter#295241]

+ Reply to Thread