I upgraded from Red Hat 8 to 9. We are now using SAMBA 2.2.7a. We did
this completed from scratch on a news server and then movng the files
over afterwards.

We have to reset some of the passwords each day. We can reboot during
the day without reseting the passwords but the next day seems to be a
problem. We do not shutdown the server over night. We are using the
passwd and shadow files for authentication. The passwd and shadow
files have the correct time and date stamp so they haven't reverted back
to a previous version. Also, if they are in memory, why do they have to
be reset either using the graphical interface or using the passwd
command.

I did not try to log into the server with those ids to see if they can
log into the server. This might be a LINUX authentication problem but
not sure.

Thank you!