problem with email - SMB

This is a discussion on problem with email - SMB ; Hi, my father (laptop winxp) is connected to internet through me (server MDK9.0), thanks to samba and a minilan connection (cross cable). But, when he tries to access his mail, the remote mail server says:"server locked by another server". Why? ...

  1. problem with email

    Hi,
    my father (laptop winxp) is connected to internet through me (server
    MDK9.0),
    thanks to samba and a minilan connection (cross cable).
    But, when he tries to access his mail, the remote mail server
    says:"server locked by another server". Why? How can I make my server
    transparent to my father's remote mail server?

    And another question. How can I send a mail to my father, through samba?
    And viceversa?

    Thanks all
    Claudio

  2. Re: problem with email

    Claudio wrote:

    > Hi,
    > my father (laptop winxp) is connected to internet through me (server
    > MDK9.0),
    > thanks to samba and a minilan connection (cross cable).
    > But, when he tries to access his mail, the remote mail server
    > says:"server locked by another server". Why? How can I make my server
    > transparent to my father's remote mail server?
    >
    > And another question. How can I send a mail to my father, through samba?
    > And viceversa?
    >
    > Thanks all
    > Claudio

    Your request for help here has nothing to with Samba. Samba is a file
    and print server program and as such it has nothing to with sending or
    receiving mail.

    You need to ask your questions in the appropriate newsgroups.....also
    supply MORE deails when and if you do.

    --
    Regards,
    Mark