I'm trying to use Samba to create a backup solution for 3 servers.
I've installed Samba using Red Carpet on a freshly installed Fedora
Core workstation. My problem is, that I can't for the life of me get
authentication to work. We're running a Windows Server 2003 domain,
but I don't necessarily want to become a domain controller. All I need
is to be able to connect to the Linux box using Samba and store backup
files on the system. I don't want ANYTHING to bog down the performance
of the machine. I've tried logging in as root and various users, and
I've tried setting security permissions on the folder I'm trying to
share. Can anybody help me?

Daniel