Has anyone been successful at building Samba 3.0.1 for
Solaris 8 with the Sun compiler (I think 7.0; not the latest
third party fancy compiler). Do I need to use the compiler
that is default /usr/ucb/cc? I get problems with compiling
some fo the final utilities. I used the following flags:

../configure --with-pam --with-winbind --with-ldapsam
--with-winbind-auth-challenge

Came from someone on this list who was successful with 2.2.7a.

Most of the system builds: libraries, smbd, mnbd ...

The last error message is as fillows:

Linking bin/wbinfo
Compiling nsswitch/wb_common.c with -KPIC
mv: cannot access nsswitch/wb_common.po.o.o
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `nsswitch/wb_common.po.o'

Anyone have any pointers for me to finish the make source build.