VPN - SMB

This is a discussion on VPN - SMB ; Damn, I can't seem to figure this one out. I'm running slackware 9.1, 2.6.1 kernel with Samba and tryin to figure out VPN. I want to connect to my company's ( Microsoft house ) through a VPN connection, I have ...

  1. VPN

    Damn, I can't seem to figure this one out. I'm running slackware 9.1,
    2.6.1 kernel with Samba and tryin to figure out VPN. I want to connect to
    my company's ( Microsoft house ) through a VPN connection, I have seem a
    couple different mothods to this; one requires a kernel patch ( this seems
    a little messy) and the other one doesn't seem to integrate with Samba. I
    like to think that I keep a tight box ( he he) and would like to find a
    nice clean way of getting this going, I also running Drop-Line Gnome. so
    I guess I'm asking, Has anyone been able to get VPN working? and if how?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: VPN

    http://openvpn.sourceforge.net

    > nice clean way of getting this going, I also running Drop-Line Gnome. so

    Irrelevant. For that matter, Samba is irrelevant too. You just need to
    pick a VPN protocol, understand how it works, and implment it.

    > I guess I'm asking, Has anyone been able to get VPN working? and if how?

    I have numerous VPN's working. I don't use Samba over them, but there's
    no reason why they wouldn't work.
    --
    /dev/rob0 - preferred_email=i$((28*28+28))@softhome.net
    or put "not-spam" or "/dev/rob0" in Subject header to reply

+ Reply to Thread