Samba 3 Problem - maybe - SMB

This is a discussion on Samba 3 Problem - maybe - SMB ; I recently lost my Samba 2.x server, so when it was rebuilt I moved to Samba 3.latest (last week) running under Solaris 8 as the PDC with a mix of 98/NT/W2k/XP clients. I'm using the same smb.conf file and the ...

  1. Samba 3 Problem - maybe

    I recently lost my Samba 2.x server, so when it was rebuilt I moved
    to Samba 3.latest (last week) running under Solaris 8 as the PDC with
    a mix of 98/NT/W2k/XP clients. I'm using the same smb.conf file and
    the user areas on the server have not been changed so all the logon
    scripts/profiles etc are the same.

    Everything is running wonderfully except when anybody is logged on any
    changes they make are not being kept. For example, if you start Word
    you must supply the user details, name/surname etc. Exit Word, and go
    straightback in and you have to enter the details again. The same
    thing happens for virtually every application. So it would appear
    that the user can't write back to the registry.

    Anybody know why and can you shed some light on the problem

    --
    Paul Watson #
    Oninit Ltd # Growing old is mandatory

  2. Re: Samba 3 Problem - maybe

    If I rebuild the client from scratch everything works:-(((

    Removing the local profiles for the remote user and removing the
    sid keys from the registry makes no difference.

    Paul Watson wrote:

    > I recently lost my Samba 2.x server, so when it was rebuilt I moved
    > to Samba 3.latest (last week) running under Solaris 8 as the PDC with
    > a mix of 98/NT/W2k/XP clients. I'm using the same smb.conf file and
    > the user areas on the server have not been changed so all the logon
    > scripts/profiles etc are the same.
    >
    > Everything is running wonderfully except when anybody is logged on any
    > changes they make are not being kept. For example, if you start Word
    > you must supply the user details, name/surname etc. Exit Word, and go
    > straightback in and you have to enter the details again. The same
    > thing happens for virtually every application. So it would appear
    > that the user can't write back to the registry.
    >
    > Anybody know why and can you shed some light on the problem

    --
    Paul Watson #
    Oninit Ltd # Growing old is mandatory
    Tel: +44 1436 672201 # Growing up is optional
    Fax: +44 1436 678693 #
    Mob: +44 7818 003457 #
    www.oninit.com #

+ Reply to Thread