Samba and kernel 2.6.1 - SMB

This is a discussion on Samba and kernel 2.6.1 - SMB ; Hi There, When I boot linux 2.6.1 smb is one of the daemons that wo'n start. When I log in as root and go to /etc/rc.d and do a '#smb start' Samba starts without problems... Does anyone know what I ...

  1. Samba and kernel 2.6.1

    Hi There,

    When I boot linux 2.6.1 smb is one of the daemons that wo'n start. When I
    log in as root and go to /etc/rc.d and do a '#smb start' Samba starts
    without problems...

    Does anyone know what I have to change so samba just works from boot?

  2. Re: Samba and kernel 2.6.1

    P.S. with kernel 2.4.23 smb starts at boottime without problems..

    "Jack Flushell" wrote in message
    > Hi There,
    >
    > When I boot linux 2.6.1 smb is one of the daemons that wo'n start. When I
    > log in as root and go to /etc/rc.d and do a '#smb start' Samba starts
    > without problems...
    >
    > Does anyone know what I have to change so samba just works from boot?

+ Reply to Thread