Printing from smbclient - SMB

This is a discussion on Printing from smbclient - SMB ; I'm trying to get printing working in Samba. Normal printing works ok (#lp testfile). But using smbclient (#smbclient //server/printer) I can connect to the printer but get no output. (smb\> print testfile putting file /root/testfile as testfile-12367 (38.1kb/s) I'm using ...

  1. Printing from smbclient

    I'm trying to get printing working in Samba.
    Normal printing works ok (#lp testfile). But using
    smbclient (#smbclient //server/printer) I can connect
    to the printer but get no output. (smb\> print testfile
    putting file /root/testfile as testfile-12367 (38.1kb/s)

    I'm using the model smb.conf with just a few changes:
    load printers = yes; printcap name = /etc/printcap;
    printing = bsd; [printers]browsable = no; public = yes;
    guest ok = yes; writeable = no; printable = yes

    How should I tackle this problem? Thanks.

    OS = FreeBSD 4.8 Samba = 2.2.8

  2. Re: Printing from smbclient

    michaelrmgreen@yahoo.co.uk (Michael Green) wrote in message news:...
    > I'm trying to get printing working in Samba.
    > Normal printing works ok (#lp testfile). But using
    > smbclient (#smbclient //server/printer) I can connect
    > to the printer but get no output. (smb\> print testfile
    > putting file /root/testfile as testfile-12367 (38.1kb/s)
    >
    > I'm using the model smb.conf with just a few changes:
    > load printers = yes; printcap name = /etc/printcap;
    > printing = bsd; [printers]browsable = no; public = yes;
    > guest ok = yes; writeable = no; printable = yes
    >
    > How should I tackle this problem? Thanks.
    >
    > OS = FreeBSD 4.8 Samba = 2.2.8

    Hmm, no response. I'm guessing this is in the wrong place. Where would
    be a more appropriate place to post the query? Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread