Firewall rules - SMB

This is a discussion on Firewall rules - SMB ; I have a FW (full proxy) and i need to be able to access a share i created on a machine in the DMZ zone. i need to create rules on SMB with some udp ports... NEED HELP!...

  1. Firewall rules

    I have a FW (full proxy) and i need to be able to access a share i
    created on a machine in the DMZ zone. i need to create rules on SMB
    with some udp ports...
    NEED HELP!

  2. Re: Firewall rules

    Max wrote:

    > I have a FW (full proxy) and i need to be able to access a share i
    > created on a machine in the DMZ zone. i need to create rules on SMB
    > with some udp ports...
    > NEED HELP!

    $ grep 13[5-9]\/ /etc/services
    netbios-ns 137/tcp # NETBIOS Name Service
    netbios-ns 137/udp
    netbios-dgm 138/tcp # NETBIOS Datagram Service
    netbios-dgm 138/udp
    netbios-ssn 139/tcp # NETBIOS session service
    netbios-ssn 139/udp

    Also open 135/tcp and udp. Actually just open tcp+udp ports 135-139 for all
    traffic between LAN<->DMZ and block the same for anything inbound or
    exiting your Internet/insecure interface.

    It's quick, it's ugly, it works.

    James
    --
    Fortune cookies says: