I have an intermittent problem with Samba 3 acting as a PDC, users
cannot logon to the domain (all XP clients), they are informed that
the network name cannot be found, and that their local profile will be
used instead.

This does not happen every time, sometimes a user can logon correctly,
sometimes they can't, it appears to be totally random.

Re-booting the XP machine results in the user being able to logon
correctly (100% of the time so far), starting and stopping the samba
daemons appears to have no effect.

The samba machine is running RedHat 9, samba version is
samba-3.0.0rc2-2.

I have exactly the same symptoms on a system i built at home (to try
and fix this problem) this system is running samba 3, but this time on
Debian (woody).

Can anyone give me any pointers on where to look to fix the problem,
ive searched google with no answers that work.

Here is my smb.conf file
------------------------------
# Global parameters
[global]