Two domains? - SMB

This is a discussion on Two domains? - SMB ; I have a win2k laptop that I want to belong to two different domains: A Win2k activedirectory domain at work, and a samba domain at home. Is there any way to do this?...

  1. Two domains?

    I have a win2k laptop that I want to belong to two different domains:
    A Win2k activedirectory domain at work, and a samba domain at home.

    Is there any way to do this?

  2. Re: Two domains?

    Sorry to say, NO. Domain registration under MS is limited to one domain.
    What multi-domain entities do is establish trusts. Domain A trusts Domain B
    and vice versa.

    Because your 2K system has to join a domain and establish a security SID
    with the domain, you are not able to be members of two different resource
    domains at once.

    Raymond Dias

    "Jeff Christ" wrote in message
    news:94780a39.0401111402.46bc4386@posting.google.c om...
    > I have a win2k laptop that I want to belong to two different domains:
    > A Win2k activedirectory domain at work, and a samba domain at home.
    >
    > Is there any way to do this?

+ Reply to Thread