Samba 2.2.6 on SCO OpenServer - Files Corrupted - SMB

This is a discussion on Samba 2.2.6 on SCO OpenServer - Files Corrupted - SMB ; Hi there - I am having a problem with transferring data from SCO to Windows XP and back. If I have files greater then 10MB they come across all corrupted, however under that they transfer without an issue. I really ...

  1. Samba 2.2.6 on SCO OpenServer - Files Corrupted

    Hi there -

    I am having a problem with transferring data from SCO to Windows XP and
    back. If I have files greater then 10MB they come across all corrupted,
    however under that they transfer without an issue. I really don't
    understand why its happening to some files and not others.

    I am running Samba 2.2.6 SCO port, and I have been unable to find any
    assistance..

    Please Help

    Steven

  2. Re: Samba 2.2.6 on SCO OpenServer - Files Corrupted

    "Steven Sinfield" wrote in message
    > Hi there -
    >
    > I am having a problem with transferring data from SCO to Windows XP and
    > back. If I have files greater then 10MB they come across all corrupted,
    > however under that they transfer without an issue. I really don't
    > understand why its happening to some files and not others.
    >
    > I am running Samba 2.2.6 SCO port, and I have been unable to find any
    > assistance..

    You have several options.

    1: Take the disk out and put it on a real operating system that understands
    the file system (such as RedHat Linux), and use the Samba there to transfer
    the files.

    2: Set up an FTP server on the Linux box and transfer the files using FTP.

    3: Set up an FTP server on the Windows box and transfer the files using FTP.

    But get the hell *away* from using any sophisticated services on the SCO
    box: they've demonstrated their incompetence repeatedly over the last, I
    dunno, 6 years? If you need an SMB server, you should be using 3.0 on a
    Linux or other system with a significant userbase and without the licensing
    whackiness and support craziness SCO is going through.

  3. Re: Samba 2.2.6 on SCO OpenServer - Files Corrupted

    Steven Sinfield wrote:
    > Hi there -
    >
    > I am having a problem with transferring data from SCO to Windows XP and
    > back. If I have files greater then 10MB they come across all corrupted,
    > however under that they transfer without an issue. I really don't
    > understand why its happening to some files and not others.
    >
    > I am running Samba 2.2.6 SCO port, and I have been unable to find any
    > assistance..
    >
    > Please Help
    >
    > Steven

    Getting rid off SCPs crap should solve your main problem. Perhaps you
    can try to use an windows sftp client to transfer the files to the sco box.

    regards

    Carsten

+ Reply to Thread