Errors in syslog after /etc/fstab mounts - SMB

This is a discussion on Errors in syslog after /etc/fstab mounts - SMB ; These are showing up when I mount my smbfs shares; ==> /var/adm/sy log Dec 26 11:50:02 jimothy kernel: smbfs: Unrecognized mount option soft Dec 26 11:50:02 jimothy kernel: smbfs: Unrecognized mount option soft This has happened with "rsize" and "wsize" ...

  1. Errors in syslog after /etc/fstab mounts

    These are showing up when I mount my smbfs shares;
    ==> /var/adm/sy log <==
    Dec 26 11:50:02 jimothy kernel: smbfs: Unrecognized mount option soft
    Dec 26 11:50:02 jimothy kernel: smbfs: Unrecognized mount option soft

    This has happened with "rsize" and "wsize" which i used to have at the
    beginning of my /etc/fstab line.

    Im really concerned that its not taking any of the options im passing in.

    Scenario: linux 2.6.0, samba 3.0.1 to a Win2K machine's shares/

    my lines in /etc/fstab

    //blitzwing/c /blitzwing/cdrive smbfs soft,ip=192.168.1.2,ro,username=linux,password=XXX XXX,workgroup=NEBULA 0
    0

    Any suggestions?

    --
    ______ ______
    ..-----.|__ ||__ | eXistenZ32

  2. Re: Errors in syslog after /etc/fstab mounts

    Make sure the "soft" keyword is a continuation of the above line and not
    a new line.

    eXistenZ32 wrote:

    > These are showing up when I mount my smbfs shares;
    > ==> /var/adm/sy log <==
    > Dec 26 11:50:02 jimothy kernel: smbfs: Unrecognized mount option soft
    > Dec 26 11:50:02 jimothy kernel: smbfs: Unrecognized mount option soft
    >

    > This has happened with "rsize" and "wsize" which i used to have at the
    > beginning of my /etc/fstab line.
    >
    > Im really concerned that its not taking any of the options im passing in.
    >
    > Scenario: linux 2.6.0, samba 3.0.1 to a Win2K machine's shares/
    >
    > my lines in /etc/fstab
    >
    > //blitzwing/c /blitzwing/cdrive smbfs soft,ip=192.168.1.2,ro,username=linux,password=XXX XXX,workgroup=NEBULA 0
    > 0
    >
    > Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread