Samba printing on Panther (OS X 10.3) foobar? - SMB

This is a discussion on Samba printing on Panther (OS X 10.3) foobar? - SMB ; I used to share out a printer from my Mac (10.2) successfully. But now everything's foobar now that I've upgraded to Panther (10.3). An initial print job from Windows client works ok, but the job never gets out of the ...

  1. Samba printing on Panther (OS X 10.3) foobar?

    I used to share out a printer from my Mac (10.2) successfully. But now
    everything's
    foobar now that I've upgraded to Panther (10.3).

    An initial print job from Windows client works ok, but the job never gets
    out of
    the queue. The log.smbd file is filled with:

    ERROR: NULL dest in safe_strcpy

    Before I give any more details, I wanted to get a feel for whether this has
    been a common experience in upgrading to Panther.

  2. Re: Samba printing on Panther (OS X 10.3) foobar?

    OK, these error messages don't seem to matter. I print to a 2nd color
    printer attached to Panther and I get these same error messages, but the job
    still prints and gets cleared from the queue.

    I don't know why one printer gets wedged and the other works fine. I print
    to both using CUPS and raw mode.

    The only thing I can figure is that the problem printer only has a Jaguar
    driver for it. It works fine for native printing from the Mac, but my guess
    is that raw mode submitted from Samba causes a problem. I don't have a ver
    good idea where to start looking.

    "Nancy Chung" wrote in message
    > I used to share out a printer from my Mac (10.2) successfully. But now
    > everything's
    > foobar now that I've upgraded to Panther (10.3).
    >
    > An initial print job from Windows client works ok, but the job never gets
    > out of
    > the queue. The log.smbd file is filled with:
    >
    > ERROR: NULL dest in safe_strcpy
    >
    > Before I give any more details, I wanted to get a feel for whether this

    has
    > been a common experience in upgrading to Panther.

+ Reply to Thread