Can't connect to shares on samba 3.0 pdc - SMB

This is a discussion on Can't connect to shares on samba 3.0 pdc - SMB ; I've recently created a samba 3.0 PDC on my network. After much wrestling with it I was able to add my computers to the domain. My problem is now if I try to share anything from the PDC I can't ...

  1. Can't connect to shares on samba 3.0 pdc

    I've recently created a samba 3.0 PDC on my network. After much
    wrestling with it I was able to add my computers to the domain.

    My problem is now if I try to share anything from the PDC I can't
    access it from any of the XP clients. The clients can access the
    netlogon, and profiles shares but not any other shares I setup.

    I've tried several different configs for the share setting it as loose
    as I could. This is what it looks like now:

    [anime]
    path =/pub/anime
    read only = no
    guest ok = yes

    When trying to access this from NT I get an error saying I don't have
    permissions to access this network resource.

    Any ideas?

    --Bruce

  2. Re: Can't connect to shares on samba 3.0 pdc

    "Bruce Nation" wrote in message
    news:cf591a25.0312211136.c4bf6af@posting.google.co m...
    > I've recently created a samba 3.0 PDC on my network. After much
    > wrestling with it I was able to add my computers to the domain.
    >
    > My problem is now if I try to share anything from the PDC I can't
    > access it from any of the XP clients. The clients can access the
    > netlogon, and profiles shares but not any other shares I setup.
    >
    > I've tried several different configs for the share setting it as loose
    > as I could. This is what it looks like now:
    >
    > [anime]
    > path =/pub/anime
    > read only = no
    > guest ok = yes
    >

    > When trying to access this from NT I get an error saying I don't have
    > permissions to access this network resource.

    It could be that the Linux permissions are not set to allow access by your
    users. You need 664 on the directories and 775 on the files to allow
    read/write access.

    > Any ideas?
    >
    > --Bruce

+ Reply to Thread