smbclient winxp problem - SMB

This is a discussion on smbclient winxp problem - SMB ; I'm trying to see the share's on a windows xp box from an SCO Openserver running samba version 2.2.6. To do this I use the following command... /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -L pcname I get back the following message. session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_TYPE_NOT_GRANTED ...

  1. smbclient winxp problem

    I'm trying to see the share's on a windows xp box from an SCO Openserver
    running samba version 2.2.6. To do this I use the following command...

    /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -L pcname

    I get back the following message.

    session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_TYPE_NOT_GRANTED

    I have tried to use the "-U" options with the administrator password with
    the same results.

    Please advise.

  2. Re: smbclient winxp problem

    Al Mihalek wrote:

    > I'm trying to see the share's on a windows xp box from an SCO Openserver
    > running samba version 2.2.6. To do this I use the following command...
    >
    > /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -L pcname
    >
    > I get back the following message.
    >
    > session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_TYPE_NOT_GRANTED
    >
    > I have tried to use the "-U" options with the administrator password with
    > the same results.
    >
    > Please advise.

    Maybe the windows shared disk has permissions set too strict.

+ Reply to Thread