Windows 2k prof. client connect to samba and netware? - SMB

This is a discussion on Windows 2k prof. client connect to samba and netware? - SMB ; Hi, There are two networks in my situation. One is netware network and the others is samba network. Clients in these two networks will share data. Thus, they need to access netware file server and samba file server at the ...

  1. Windows 2k prof. client connect to samba and netware?

    Hi,

    There are two networks in my situation. One is netware network and the
    others is samba network. Clients in these two networks will share data.
    Thus, they need to access netware file server and samba file server at the
    same time.

    For example,

    Client in netware network:
    windows 2k prof. client login to netware 5.0 file server and also need to
    access the folders shared from RHL8.0 file server.

    Client in samba network:
    windows 2k prof. client login to RHL8.0 file server and also need to access
    the folders shared from netware 5.0 file server.

    Can the windows 2k prof. client login one of the file server at the startup
    and then connect to the share folder on the others file server? If so, how
    to do?

    Thanks,

    KT

  2. Re: Windows 2k prof. client connect to samba and netware?

    "KT" wrote in message news:brum5d$1e4g$1@news.hgc.com.hk...
    > Hi,
    >
    > There are two networks in my situation. One is netware network and the
    > others is samba network. Clients in these two networks will share data.
    > Thus, they need to access netware file server and samba file server at the
    > same time.
    >
    > For example,
    >
    > Client in netware network:
    > windows 2k prof. client login to netware 5.0 file server and also need to
    > access the folders shared from RHL8.0 file server.
    >
    > Client in samba network:
    > windows 2k prof. client login to RHL8.0 file server and also need to

    access
    > the folders shared from netware 5.0 file server.
    >
    > Can the windows 2k prof. client login one of the file server at the

    startup
    > and then connect to the share folder on the others file server? If so, how
    > to do?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > KT

    I have no experience with netware, but windows clients that log into a
    domain can also access shares on a standalone Samba server - providing the
    username and password are the same. Like a peer to peer network I suppose.
    You can access resources on any Windows/Samba system, as long as your
    username and password are the same on every system you need to access.

    The problem of course and the holy grail of SSO is keeping the password in
    sync.

+ Reply to Thread