Solaris 9 Groupmap (was: 3.0.1 Winbind) - SMB

This is a discussion on Solaris 9 Groupmap (was: 3.0.1 Winbind) - SMB ; (Please forgive my newbieness/ignorance, I'm trying to figure this out) I think I've narrowed the problem to what seems to be an inability (misconfig) to properly groupmap on my local Solaris 9 box. It's most probably confusion or misunderstanding on ...

  1. Solaris 9 Groupmap (was: 3.0.1 Winbind)

    (Please forgive my newbieness/ignorance, I'm trying to figure this out)

    I think I've narrowed the problem to what seems to be an inability
    (misconfig) to properly groupmap on my local Solaris 9 box. It's most
    probably confusion or misunderstanding on my part. I saw the provided
    htmldoc notes about the Solaris 9 patch(es) and verified that I'm up to
    date (MU4 and a late S&R cluster).

    Anyway, I can 'net groupmap list' but it returns only a handful of
    groups with "... -> -1" at the end. Which leads me to believe I've got:
    no groupmappings, bad groupmappings, or I'm simply missing some piece
    which would get me there. However, I can get a limited groupmap list
    (about 12 of them, Domain Admins, Domain Users, etc.) but no
    corresponding GID.

    How do I get a good groupmap? Do I need a backend or can Samba squirel
    that away on its own?

    I tried 'bin/net groupmap add rid=512 ntgroup="Domain Admins"
    unixgroup="Domain Admins"' but I get "adding entry for group Domain
    Admins failed!"

    What's the trick? If I'm getting this backward, pls, somebody set me
    straight.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    TIA!

    Ben--

    (It's also worth restating that at one earlier point I was able to
    switch-user to a couple of other domain-accounts, but haven't been back
    since)

  2. Re: Solaris 9 Groupmap (was: 3.0.1 Winbind)

    Ben wrote:

    > (Please forgive my newbieness/ignorance, I'm trying to figure this out)
    >
    > I think I've narrowed the problem to what seems to be an inability
    > (misconfig) to properly groupmap on my local Solaris 9 box. It's most
    > probably confusion or misunderstanding on my part. I saw the provided
    > htmldoc notes about the Solaris 9 patch(es) and verified that I'm up to
    > date (MU4 and a late S&R cluster).
    >
    > Anyway, I can 'net groupmap list' but it returns only a handful of
    > groups with "... -> -1" at the end. Which leads me to believe I've got:
    > no groupmappings, bad groupmappings, or I'm simply missing some piece
    > which would get me there. However, I can get a limited groupmap list
    > (about 12 of them, Domain Admins, Domain Users, etc.) but no
    > corresponding GID.
    >
    > How do I get a good groupmap? Do I need a backend or can Samba squirel
    > that away on its own?
    >
    > I tried 'bin/net groupmap add rid=512 ntgroup="Domain Admins"
    > unixgroup="Domain Admins"' but I get "adding entry for group Domain
    > Admins failed!"
    >
    > What's the trick? If I'm getting this backward, pls, somebody set me
    > straight.
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA!
    >
    > Ben--
    >
    > (It's also worth restating that at one earlier point I was able to
    > switch-user to a couple of other domain-accounts, but haven't been back
    > since)

    I was able to create mappings in the groupmap by the "modify" statement.

    Still ... 'ls -al' and 'id -a' hang. And I still can't switch-user to
    accounts other than my own.

+ Reply to Thread