Samba on a non-stadard Port in Mac OS X - SMB

This is a discussion on Samba on a non-stadard Port in Mac OS X - SMB ; folks, I have a Samba seerver running only on port 445 on a GNU/Linux machine. I am trying to connect to it from a Mac OS X 10.2 machine using the Finder. When I do this it tries to connect ...

  1. Samba on a non-stadard Port in Mac OS X

    folks,

    I have a Samba seerver running only on port 445 on a GNU/Linux
    machine. I am trying to connect to it from a Mac OS X 10.2 machine
    using the Finder. When I do this it tries to connect to port 137, and
    so on. I need to find a way to specify that it connects to port 445
    in the finder. Does anyone know how to do this?

    Joe

  2. Re: Samba on a non-stadard Port in Mac OS X

    jodonato@comcast.net (Joseph Donato) wrote in message news:
    > so on. I need to find a way to specify that it connects to port 445
    > in the finder. Does anyone know how to do this?

    I have also been attempting this without any luck. Supposedly
    you just specify smb://user@hostort/service but it always
    gives me this error when trying to connect to the non-standard
    port:

    | The finder cannot complete the operation because some data
    | in smb://... could not be read or written. (Error code -36)."

    I have no problems connecting using the command line
    smbclient, and I have no problems using Finder to access a
    samba share which listens through the standard port.

    I would chalk this up as an OS X finder bug.

+ Reply to Thread