I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this. It seems
like it may be a Netware issue as well as Samba so I am trying both places.
Excuse my lack of knowledge in ths specific area, I am a desktop support
person, not a networking guru.

I have a new XP machine that maps all of it's Netware resources correctly
but when viewing the drives in "My Computer" that say: (i.e server names
ficticious)

G: Apps on 'Samba 2.2.8a on sunpc1' (BGG)

Note "sunpc1" is also the primary DNS server.

Also noticing that in a Netware environment, when running UNC paths, the
client PCs act as if the Novell resources do not exist and the client tries
to access Samba resources.