read and write permission - SMB

This is a discussion on read and write permission - SMB ; Let say i have one directory named staff on my samba redhat 8.0 server. inside the staff directory, i have directory A, B, and C. how to make that directory A can only read and write by user A, directory ...

  1. read and write permission

    Let say i have one directory named staff on my samba redhat 8.0
    server.
    inside the staff directory, i have directory A, B, and C. how to make
    that directory A can only read and write by user A, directory B can
    only read and write by user B, directory C can only read and write by
    user C???

  2. Re: read and write permission

    "ZaGras" wrote in message
    news:ef27302c.0311080902.dd62993@posting.google.co m...
    > Let say i have one directory named staff on my samba redhat 8.0
    > server.
    > inside the staff directory, i have directory A, B, and C. how to make
    > that directory A can only read and write by user A, directory B can
    > only read and write by user B, directory C can only read and write by
    > user C???

    Set the owner to user and the permissions to 700 for the directory.

    drwx------ 16 mm users 4096 Oct 25 10:39 mm
    drwx------ 3 pjm users 4096 Sep 29 16:51 pjm

+ Reply to Thread