"m.marien" said:

> "Brian McCullough" wrote in message
> > m.marien wrote:
> > > "Brian McCullough" wrote in message

> > > These will be created on the fly. Try deleting it from smbpasswd, but

> you
> > > require a machine$ account in passwd.

As suggested, I deleted both the machine account and root from smbpasswd. I then went to both Win2K machines with the following results:

Machine 1 -- the one that I originally discussed -- no change -- it continues to complain about a bad ID or password.

Machine 2 -- "Welcome to the Trisurv Domain" or words to that effect!

I am thinking that I should go back into Machine 1's registry, and undo the changes that I made, comparing those entries to those in Machine 2.

I'll try that and report back. If you ( or anyone else ) has any other suggestions, feel free to say so.

Thanks,
Brian