Anti-Virus - SMB

This is a discussion on Anti-Virus - SMB ; Hi, excuse me for my question.... There is an Anti-Virus for linux and SMB folder sharing ? In this folder I put some Windows files... Possibly a freeware version... Thanks. Fillo...

  1. Anti-Virus

    Hi,

    excuse me for my question....

    There is an Anti-Virus for linux and SMB folder sharing ?
    In this folder I put some Windows files...

    Possibly a freeware version...

    Thanks.
    Fillo

  2. Re: Anti-Virus

    On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 19:17:51 +0100,
    Fillo , in
    wrote:

    +> There is an Anti-Virus for linux and SMB folder sharing ?
    +> In this folder I put some Windows files...
    +>
    +> Possibly a freeware version...

    You mean like ClamAV? http://clamav.elektrapro.com/ If you go to
    http://www.freshmeat.net/ and search on "antivirus", "anti-virus"
    and/or "virus" you will get several good hits.

    Now, are you trying to run the AV software on a Linux machine that
    mounts in a Windows file share? there maybe issues that I am unaware
    of, but that should work ok.

    Or are you trying to scan a linux filesystem that is shared with
    Windows? that definitely will work, and work well.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.

  3. Re: Anti-Virus

    Fillo wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > excuse me for my question....
    >
    > There is an Anti-Virus for linux and SMB folder sharing ?
    > In this folder I put some Windows files...
    >
    > Possibly a freeware version...
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Fillo

    Google: ClamAV