Receive winpopup with Samba 2.2.8a sent from Win2k using "net send". - SMB

This is a discussion on Receive winpopup with Samba 2.2.8a sent from Win2k using "net send". - SMB ; Hi All, Is receiving winpopup messages sent from Windows 2000 (or any latest windows) using "net send" command working in Samba ? I was never able to do that actually ... I am using Samba 2.2.8a. For message command I ...

  1. Receive winpopup with Samba 2.2.8a sent from Win2k using "net send".

    Hi All,

    Is receiving winpopup messages sent from Windows 2000 (or any latest
    windows) using "net send" command working in Samba ?

    I was never able to do that actually ...

    I am using Samba 2.2.8a. For message command I just use simple

    message command = sh -c 'echo %f %m %t %s > /storage/MESSAGE.txt' &

    If sending messages from another linux box using smbclient -M the
    message
    arrives, and is succesfully written in MESSAGE.txt.

    But I am not able to receive any of them if sent by win2k.

    Note: sending from linux using smbclient -M to win2k works perfectly.

    My question is:
    Is there any known issue which is preventing samba to receive winpopup
    messages
    from enemy OS (like windows

    I have just spent too damn much time digging into this, and i just
    want somebody to tell me: yes, this is known not to be working, you
    can read about it here .....(a url comes next or "yes, it is
    working, i have done it !"

    Thanks in advance to everybody !

  2. Re: Receive winpopup with Samba 2.2.8a sent from Win2k using "netsend".

    Deyan wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Is receiving winpopup messages sent from Windows 2000 (or any latest
    > windows) using "net send" command working in Samba ?
    >
    > I was never able to do that actually ...
    >
    > I am using Samba 2.2.8a. For message command I just use simple
    >
    > message command = sh -c 'echo %f %m %t %s > /storage/MESSAGE.txt' &
    >
    > If sending messages from another linux box using smbclient -M the
    > message
    > arrives, and is succesfully written in MESSAGE.txt.
    >
    > But I am not able to receive any of them if sent by win2k.
    >
    > Note: sending from linux using smbclient -M to win2k works perfectly.
    >
    > My question is:
    > Is there any known issue which is preventing samba to receive winpopup
    > messages
    > from enemy OS (like windows
    >
    > I have just spent too damn much time digging into this, and i just
    > want somebody to tell me: yes, this is known not to be working, you
    > can read about it here .....(a url comes next or "yes, it is
    > working, i have done it !"
    >
    > Thanks in advance to everybody !

    Make the smbd and or nmbd listen on different ports to see if this will
    help.

+ Reply to Thread