First let me say I am unix person so that end makes perfect sense and
know enough to be very dangerous on windows. Also note I have been
using samba for less then a week but have read all of the oriely book
and most of the HOWTO. Currently I have the following working (smb.conf
attached at end of message):

Netwotk is layed out like this (currently working):

Internet -- cable modem w/ DHCP

Spock -- Firewall/Mail/Web Server-- FreeBSD 4.6
-- DHCP Dynamic IP for outbound
-- 10.0.0.1/24 for Desktop
machines
-- 10.0.1.1/24 for
Infrastructure
Devices/Machines

Kirk -- Internet server -- FreeBSD 4.6
-- Samba 3.0rc6 w/ LDAP,
Kerbos, Smbwrappers
-- PDC ("NETTWO", WINS
server, roaming profiles
-- NFS
-- NIS
-- 10.0.1.2/24

Desktops -- Win XP sp 1a (All)
-- NTFS

I want to add the following:

1) Make it so all programs on the desktops are run from the
server not the local machine

a) I.e. are installed there
b) C:\Program Files (or equiv) is symbolically linked to
the [programs] share

Note: I saw somewhere that NTFS can only create symbolic
links to lcoal file systems (is this true?)

2) Make it so a printer that is currently attached to a 98
desktop (not offically a part of the above network) can be
spooled via kiek (the OS on the machine and/or or moving the
printer is not possible for political reasons)

3) How do I make a network printer (HP OfficeJet G95 [IPX])
spool from kirk

Also here are some misc. issues I have and maybe someone will have some
solution:

1) How do I set stuff up so the first time a user logs in a Unix and
Samba account is made for them (btw smbpasswd is not adding unix
accounts at all)

a) Same for new machines

2) How do I make smbpasswd NIS aware

3) This one is just a super odd ball thing (if I mistakenly set up the
domain on a new XP machine to be something other then NETTWO it _will
not_ let me change the domain name)

Here is the smb.conf:

[globals]

; set up who we are and claim to be

netbios name = kirk
workgroup = NETTWO
server string = File Server
remote announce = 10.0.0.255/NETTWO

; make sure stuff is not signed (REQUIRED FOR XP!!!!)

server schannel = no
client schannel = no

; set up PDC

domain master = yes
local master = yes
preferred master = yes
os level = 255
domain logons = yes

; netlogon stuff

logon script = logon.bat
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u\%m
logon home = \\%L\%u\.win_profile\%m
logon drive = H:
add user script = /usr/sbin/pw %u

; misc stuff

wins support = yes

; make sure all profiles keep the same timestamp base
time server = yes

[netlogon]

path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
browseable = no