force user, group, ugo - SMB

This is a discussion on force user, group, ugo - SMB ; From a Windows station, logged as WUSER I create/copy files and directories (from file manager or mostly extracting with winzip from a file.zip) on a Linux machine, via Samba. Possible to automatically assign them, on Linux: owner=www group=nogroup ugo mask=777 ...

  1. force user, group, ugo

    From a Windows station, logged as WUSER I create/copy files and
    directories (from file manager or mostly extracting with winzip from a
    file.zip) on a Linux machine, via Samba.
    Possible to automatically assign them, on Linux:
    owner=www
    group=nogroup
    ugo mask=777
    ?
    create mask=777, force user=www, ... options in smb.conf do not work.
    Thank you.

  2. Re: force user, group, ugo

    "PiEmme" wrote in message
    news:4d059c13.0310290832.4a5ea285@posting.google.c om...
    > From a Windows station, logged as WUSER I create/copy files and
    > directories (from file manager or mostly extracting with winzip from a
    > file.zip) on a Linux machine, via Samba.
    > Possible to automatically assign them, on Linux:
    > owner=www
    > group=nogroup
    > ugo mask=777
    > ?
    > create mask=777, force user=www, ... options in smb.conf do not work.
    > Thank you.

    It's possible that the user www doesn't exist or doesn't have access rights
    to the directory.

    This works on my system:

    [temp]
    path = /tmp
    writable = yes
    force user = ftp

    /tmp is owned by root but has drwxrwxrwx (777) rights. Files and folders
    take on the group ftp belongs to. You don't need the masks as the user is
    always ftp.

+ Reply to Thread