Windows Server 2003 client - SMB

This is a discussion on Windows Server 2003 client - SMB ; Hi, I have a domain controlled by a Samba server (version 2.2.7a). I have joined a Windows Server 2003 box to the domain. When I attempt to open a share on this server, I get the message: "\\xindi is not ...

  1. Windows Server 2003 client

    Hi,
    I have a domain controlled by a Samba server (version 2.2.7a). I have
    joined a Windows Server 2003 box to the domain. When I attempt to open a
    share on this server, I get the message:

    "\\xindi is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
    if you have access permissions.

    The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain
    failed."

    I am attempting to access it from an XP Pro box that is on the same domain.

    Ideas?

    Thanks,

    Alex.

  2. Re: Windows Server 2003 client

    Wel, I've found the same problems here.
    But after some fail & retry methods I've finnaly came to the working
    solution.
    I'ts quite hard to explain, because your problem could be anything (wrong
    kerberos key / missing in capital's (case sensitive) / wrong smb.conf /
    wrong krb5.conf / ...)

    A quite good tutorial is listed here:
    http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/...ollection.html
    http://www.wlug.org.nz/HowtoSamba3An...tory?version=7

    And ofcourse google ! (Samba + Active Directory) will give u a bunch of
    tutorials.

    "Alex Meaden" schreef in bericht
    news:3f99722a$0$12690$fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk.. .
    > Hi,
    > I have a domain controlled by a Samba server (version 2.2.7a). I have
    > joined a Windows Server 2003 box to the domain. When I attempt to open a
    > share on this server, I get the message:
    >
    > "\\xindi is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
    > network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
    > if you have access permissions.
    >
    > The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain
    > failed."
    >
    > I am attempting to access it from an XP Pro box that is on the same

    domain.

    > Ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Alex.