Samba - W2k-Client without User-authenification - SMB

This is a discussion on Samba - W2k-Client without User-authenification - SMB ; Hi NG, i have a problem: I have a w2k-client and Linux with Samba and i want to have an access without User-authenification (User not registered in Samba and Linux). The Folder need write privs for all users. Did anywhere ...

  1. Samba - W2k-Client without User-authenification

    Hi NG,

    i have a problem:

    I have a w2k-client and Linux with Samba and i want to have an access
    without User-authenification (User not registered in Samba and Linux).
    The Folder need write privs for all users.

    Did anywhere have an idea?

    CU
    Daniel

  2. Re: Samba - W2k-Client without User-authenification

    "Crazy Daniel" wrote in message
    > Hi NG,
    >
    > i have a problem:
    >
    > I have a w2k-client and Linux with Samba and i want to have an access
    > without User-authenification (User not registered in Samba and Linux).
    > The Folder need write privs for all users.
    >
    > Did anywhere have an idea?

    ??? I don't know but I don't think Linux will allow anyone to w/r on de
    Linuxdisk without being a registered user to the system .. if it is that
    what you mean ..

  3. Re: Samba - W2k-Client without User-authenification

    "Crazy Daniel" wrote in message
    > Hi NG,
    >
    > i have a problem:
    >
    > I have a w2k-client and Linux with Samba and i want to have an access
    > without User-authenification (User not registered in Samba and Linux).
    > The Folder need write privs for all users.
    >
    > Did anywhere have an idea?
    >
    > CU
    > Daniel

    Try this, it uses the guest account (nobody on my system), so anybody can
    read and write to it.

    [public]
    comment = Public Stuff
    path = /home/samba/public
    read only = No
    guest only = Yes
    guest ok = Yes

    If you want to have you system completely open, with no passwords, use

    [global]

    workgroup = workgroup
    security = share

    No passwords are needed. It uses the nobody account for all access. The
    netbios name is the same as your hostname. You could add:

    netbios name = somename

+ Reply to Thread