Permission and unable to write problem - SMB

This is a discussion on Permission and unable to write problem - SMB ; Hi folks I'm at my wits end with trying to get Samba (2.28a), under Solaris7 to work properly. I am unable to save any files to my Solaris /export/home/labuss home directory. No matter what type of smb.conf I create (basic ...

  1. Permission and unable to write problem

    Hi folks

    I'm at my wits end with trying to get Samba (2.28a), under Solaris7 to
    work properly. I am unable to save any files to my Solaris
    /export/home/labuss home directory. No matter what type of smb.conf I
    create (basic or complex) I receive the same write permission errors.
    Coul someone please try and shed some light on what I am doing wrong,
    because I am at a loss right now.

    Thanks in advance for the help

    Larry Buss
    labuss@magothy.com

  2. Re: Permission and unable to write problem

    In article , labuss@magothy.com (Larry Buss) wrote:
    >Hi folks
    >
    >I'm at my wits end with trying to get Samba (2.28a), under Solaris7 to
    >work properly. I am unable to save any files to my Solaris
    >/export/home/labuss home directory. No matter what type of smb.conf I
    >create (basic or complex) I receive the same write permission errors.
    >Coul someone please try and shed some light on what I am doing wrong,
    >because I am at a loss right now.

    did you adjust the user permissions for this "home" dir at the Unix side of
    the connection ? maybe they are owned root:root with a 700 mask ? :-)

    --
    remove_clothes to answer over email

+ Reply to Thread