I'm working with a new installation of Samba 2.2.7 on Red Hat Linux 9,
running on a (Pentium) server which I am configuring to be a domain
controller for a Windows domain. The client machines are running W98
and I'm attempting to enable user-level access control on the clients.
The clients are seeing shares on the server just fine through their
"Network Neighborhoods" but are unable to establish sharing of resources
residing on the clients.

On the Windows machine the "Sharing" tab of the "Properties" dialog
shows a text area of authorized users and an "Add" button. When I click
the button I get a popup message, "You cannot view the list of users at
this time. Please try again later."

Anyone have a hint as to what I've parameter I've overlooked or how to
diagnose this?