max connections with SAMBA 2.2.8 - SMB

This is a discussion on max connections with SAMBA 2.2.8 - SMB ; Is there a limit to the maximum number of connections allowed to SAMBA? We are using SAMBA as an interop solution for Rational Clearcase user. When connections reach #88 Samba crashes! Any ideas? ....Help...

  1. max connections with SAMBA 2.2.8

    Is there a limit to the maximum number of connections allowed to SAMBA?
    We are using SAMBA as an interop solution for Rational Clearcase user. When
    connections reach #88 Samba crashes! Any ideas?
    ....Help

  2. Re: max connections with SAMBA 2.2.8

    In article <3f8ec1df$0$11455$afc38c87@news.ukonline.co.uk>, ayresp2002
    @ukonline.co.uk says...
    > Is there a limit to the maximum number of connections allowed to SAMBA?
    > We are using SAMBA as an interop solution for Rational Clearcase user. When
    > connections reach #88 Samba crashes! Any ideas?
    > ...Help

    Samba scales much more higher then 88 connections, some networks have
    users in the high hundreds on a single samba server.

    There are a number of factors that come into play that may be not
    related to Samba: network setup, proper setup of the server operating
    system etc. What is in the logs??? Have you bumped up the log level and
    examined them?

    When posting, always post your smb.conf and pertinent log output, it
    makes troubleshooting a lot easier and eliminates guesswork.

    In summary, my guess is the problem is not samba, rather other
    configuration problems on your server or network.
    --
    Regards,
    Mark

    Samba Setup Guide: www.samba.netfirms.com