SMB question? - SMB

This is a discussion on SMB question? - SMB ; Hi All- First off, I honestly am not sure if this is a "Samba" problem. I think it is...but we'll see! I use Lin Neighborhood to mount my shares. After I reboot my computer, my shares are still there but ...

  1. SMB question?

    Hi All-

    First off, I honestly am not sure if this is a "Samba" problem. I
    think it is...but we'll see! I use Lin Neighborhood to mount my
    shares. After I reboot my computer, my shares are still there but no
    files can be seen. The only way the files will show up is if I open
    Lin Neighborhood and try to open a computer, in return being asked for
    group name, username and password. I assume samba is "logging me in"
    somehow after I do this. What does this mean and is it possible to
    have this done automatically at boot.

    TIA,

  2. Re: SMB question?

    In article <26c729db.0310151139.134fa008@posting.google.com>, scbugler_
    20@yahoo.com says...
    > Hi All-
    >
    > First off, I honestly am not sure if this is a "Samba" problem. I
    > think it is...but we'll see! I use Lin Neighborhood to mount my
    > shares. After I reboot my computer, my shares are still there but no
    > files can be seen. The only way the files will show up is if I open
    > Lin Neighborhood and try to open a computer, in return being asked for
    > group name, username and password. I assume samba is "logging me in"
    > somehow after I do this. What does this mean and is it possible to
    > have this done automatically at boot.
    >
    > TIA,

    LinNeighborhood has a flag to memorize mounted shares.
    See my webpage for help, specifically:
    http://www.samba.netfirms.com/linnei...od/lintour.htm

    Or you can mount shares in your etc/fstab. this will automatically
    mount shares when the pc is booted.

    See man fstab for more details

    --
    Regards,
    Mark

    Samba Setup Guide: www.samba.netfirms.com
    My gpg public key: www.samba.netfirms.com/gnupg/gpg_public.asc

  3. Re: SMB question?

    Mark wrote in message news:...
    > In article <26c729db.0310151139.134fa008@posting.google.com>, scbugler_
    > 20@yahoo.com says...
    > > Hi All-
    > >
    > > First off, I honestly am not sure if this is a "Samba" problem. I
    > > think it is...but we'll see! I use Lin Neighborhood to mount my
    > > shares. After I reboot my computer, my shares are still there but no
    > > files can be seen. The only way the files will show up is if I open
    > > Lin Neighborhood and try to open a computer, in return being asked for
    > > group name, username and password. I assume samba is "logging me in"
    > > somehow after I do this. What does this mean and is it possible to
    > > have this done automatically at boot.
    > >
    > > TIA,
    > >

    > LinNeighborhood has a flag to memorize mounted shares.
    > See my webpage for help, specifically:
    > http://www.samba.netfirms.com/linnei...od/lintour.htm
    >
    > Or you can mount shares in your etc/fstab. this will automatically
    > mount shares when the pc is booted.
    >
    > See man fstab for more details

    thanks for your response Mark. I actually do have the box checked to
    memorize mounted shares. I really did not want to have to use fstab,
    but it looks as if this is the only way! Thanks again.